I want to welcome everyone back to a fresh year. For some of you, this is your first challenge. For many of you, this is your 5th or multiple challenge. In either case, we are all excited to get back in the groove and to #MOVETHATLYMPH!!!
If there is ANY ever doubt in your mind that people with lymphedema cannot exercise or are lazy or fat, I challenge you to join The Lymphedema Running & Fitness Club. and see for yourself a group of people that are debunking myths, overcoming insurmountable odds, and smashing all types of barriers and labels. In short, their illness does not define them. You will not find a more determined group of positive like minded individuals working towards a common goal of living with lymphedema in a healthy and fit way of life. You may read the following testimonials.
For our next #MOVETHATLYMPH challenge, we will do a Spring Butterfly #60DayChallenge for Spring 2018. Do not be fooled by the name! Remember one the greatest boxers of all time said to “Move Like a Butterfly, and Sting Like a Bee!”
No need for your workouts to be complicated. Participate at YOUR level. This is a challenge for Lymphies by Lymphies. This means it is NOT a competition. It is a challenge for yourself to improve or maintain your lymphatic health, depending on your needs.
Joining The Challenge
- Fill out the form on this page
- Leave a sentence describing why you are joining the Spring Butterfly 60 Day Challenge
- If you are not already in the The Lymphedema Running & Fitness Club (LRFC) closed Facebook group, please join. Answer the questionnaire.***
- This challenge will introduce the Lymphie Workout Buddy system for the first time as a pilot program. If you have a Buddy, please name them. Your Buddy should be encouraging and someone you can count on to be uplifting. If you do not have a Workout Buddy, that’s OK. It’s completely voluntary.
- By clicking and submitting you agree to the main rules set forth for the challenge as written below.
Types of #MOVETHATLYMPH Activities
- You can run, walk, swim, march in place, hike, yoga, pilates, aquatic exercise, chair exercise, pump, deep breathing, gardening, stretching, or any other activity your heart desires.
- Dedicate at least 10 minutes per day. If you can do more, that’s great.
- Commit to #MOVETHATLYMPH 3x per week or more
- Post your #movethatlymph #freedominmotion status update at least 1 x per week through May 19, 2018 in the group.
- Each participant is responsible for tracking their own updates. Lymphie Strong will post weekly start reminders each Monday.
- Any member losing track will be disqualified. You are encouraged to keep a journal if necessary!
- Weekly start dates are as follows –
- Week 1 March 19
- Week 2 March 26
- Week 3 April 2
- Week 4 April 9
- Week 5 April 16
- Week 6 April 23
- Week 7 April 30
- Week 8 May 7
- Week 9 May 14
- Example status updates you can post-
- #MOVETHALYMPH Week #1
- Day 1 – Walking
- Day 2 – Swimming
- Day 3 – Yoga
- #MOVETHATLYMPH Week #2
- Day 4 – Deep Breathing/Pumping
- Day 5 – Stretching
- Day 6 – Gardening
- As a separate option, you may post every single day, but you must keep track until you hit 27 workouts.
- #MOVETHALYMPH Week #1
- LRFC members maintaining these requirements will be entered into a live FB drawing on May 20, 2018.**
Juzo Grand Prize
We are proud and honored to announce that Juzo will sponsor the enter 2018 #MOVETHATLYMPH Calendar of Events for the entire year.
Spring Butterfly 60 Day
- 2 Adult Garments to the Adult Category – If you have a Workout Buddy and you win, your Buddy wins too. If you do not have a Workout Buddy, another solo participant will win the second garment.
- 2 Child Garments for minor children under the age of 18. Parents may post on behalf of their child.
- Each participant that completes the challenge will receive a shirt in the mail after the conclusion of the challenge.
Good Luck and Wishing You Awesome Lymphatic Health!
Donation Gift (Voluntary)
If you wish to make a voluntary donation to Lymphie Strong, feel free to do so at your own discretion. The table below is $10 increments. If you wish to donate $20 enter 2 in the box, which is $10 x 2. Donation is non-refundable and non-tax deductible. Thank you in advance.