Let’s count the ways we can help ourselves manage lymphedema.
The below is a list of items that can potentially improve or alleviate symptoms. As patients, we are constantly seeking new ways.
What would you add to this list?
- Compression Compliance
- Positive Attitude
- Cheer On Other Lymphies
- Inspire Other Lymphies
- Sleep 7+ hours
- Exercise in compression
- Kinesiology Taping
- Dry Brushing
- Rebounding (mini trampoline)
- Vibration Therapy
- Aqua Therapy
- Foam Products
- Diet Modifications
- Stress Reduction
- Surgical planning or maintenance
- Natural Supplements
- Diaphragm breathing
- Support from friends & family
- Having fun
- Skin care
- Spreading Awareness
- Educating your circle of influence
- Avoiding extreme temperatures
- Nail care
- Dental care
It’s important to note that…
- This is not medical advice but suggestions from fellow patients including myself.
- These are not cures but considered tips to help alleviate or manage symptoms.
- Not all suggestions will help each person.
- Use common sense in determining whether a specific tip may help your situation.
- Always consult your Certified Lymphedema Therapist or physician before trying any blog tips from any site.
- You may also want to research reputable medical position papers or journals from professional and/or medical Lymphatic organizations.