Thanks for reaching out to us! We are the #MOVETHATLYMPH Virtual Challenge VOLUNTEER Team.
We welcome and value your feedback, question, or idea. This page is specifically focused on the most common questions for the #MOVETHATLYMPH Challenges.
Our team manages 3 groups with membership exceeding 4.1K globally as of September 2018. All of us have lymphedema too and take turns moderating and fielding questions while we live our lives outside of social media. As volunteers, please note that we will get to your message as soon as we can.
Please be considerate. If it’s the weekend, wait until Monday to submit.
Due to the volume of messages, we will no longer accept #MOVETHATLYMPH FAQ via individual private Messenger inbox.
#MOVETHATLYMPH Challenge FAQ
- How do I know I have signed up completely?
- Lymphie Strong will send you an email within 1-3 days. You must have a valid email entered. If your mail returns as “Undeliverable”, she will tag you within the group.
- What if I did not receive an email?
- Have you checked your “Junk” or “Spam” mail folder?
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your mail Contacts list to avoid a Junk folder dismissal.
- What types of activities can I do?
- You can run, walk, swim, march in place in your living room, hike, yoga, pilates, aquatic exercise, chair exercise, pump, deep diaphragmatic breathing, gardening, stretching, or any other activity your heart desires.
- Your goal is to reach 27 activities in 9 weeks.
- What if I have limited mobility?
- No need for your workouts to be complicated.
- Participate at YOUR level.
- This is a challenge for Lymphies by Lymphies. This means it is NOT a competition.
- It is a challenge for yourself to improve or maintain your lymphatic health, depending on your needs.
- Why must I share my progress weekly?
- This challenge is a pledge to support and inspire your teammates. If you do not share your workouts in the group, you are not motivating others and likewise others cannot support and motivate you when you need encouragement.
- Support is a two-way communication channel between you and your teammates in the challenge.
- Why are others posting more than me? I feel like I’m not doing enough.
- Once again, this is for you at your own level.
- As long as you are committing to at least 3x per week and sharing your weekly check-ins, you are absolutely fine. Don’t worry about others.
- You have no idea if they were in your spot a year ago or years ago. You don’t know how many cellulitis battles they fight. We all have to start somewhere. If you need help, let us know.
- What do I do if I have to withdraw?
- Everyone is fighting a battle we know nothing about, LE related or not. If you must drop out due to unforeseen circumstances such as cellulitis, surgery, or other emergency issues, submit the form below. If the reason is personal, simply state withdrawing for personal reasons.
- Why do you only accept PayPal for virtual #movethatlymph challenges?
- At this time, PayPal is the single payment built-in plugin accepted via WordPress, which is the platform of the LymphieStrong blog. The blog has been live for 3 years.
- Widely accepted internationally with over 200 countries and 25 currencies
- Facebook Messenger accepts payments from the US, France, and the UK only.
- Lymphie Strong (VP Seneriz) is not a business, she is a volunteer. Payments only began in the summer of 2018 due to the overwhelming costs of mailers, labels, print toner, and variance in shipping across the US and internationally from $3.50 – $23 (domestic and intl) depending on weight per package and destination.
- Prior to this, only a few members would donate while others did not, or Lymphie Strong absorbed these costs entirely herself. Grassroots means everyone pitches in.
- Your international shipment from the US will not be tracked. It costs over $100 from DHL or UPS to do so.
- Where is my #MOVETHATLYMPH shirt?
- It takes several weeks for shirts to bulk order and ship to Lymphie Strong. If the company makes a mistake, this add delays. If members do not submit shirt size or address info on time, this adds to delays to placing the order.
- The Moderator team is spread out across the US and Italy, so the shirts go to the Admin who must sort, label, and mail all packages by herself.
- Lymphie Strong posts shirt arrivals on her public Facebook page, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Why are you so serious about deadlines for the Challenges?
- We try to be equitable and flexible with everyone. Our registration is open for over two weeks, and the schedule is printed for the entire year. Once it is closed, it’s closed.
- Time zone is based on Central Standard Time. Registration will open and close based on Houston, TX time.
- Can I sponsor someone else to do an event?
- Yes, please indicate who you would like to sponsor. If you want to be anonymous, that’s fine too.
- Can I do the #MOVETHATLYMPH Challenge from Twitter or Instagram?
- Yes, we are doing that as a pilot starting October 1, 2018.
- Can I donate a prize for the Challenge?
- Yes, absolutely! Thank you so much! We welcome anyone who wants to donate.
- Past donation gift examples –
- Amazon or Visa Gift Cards
- Handcrafted items such as blankets
- Gift baskets from retailers
Still Have a Question?
If you still have a question, feedback, or idea, please submit the form below.